Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy
2 – Day Training
Level 1 Certificate
February 26 & 27 2021 Friday and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm daily
NOW AN ONLINE EVENT!
Attachment-based Interventions to Treat Trauma, Anxiety and Depression
Finally, there is a map offered to us by attachment science to work in an organic, on-target way to help clients with trauma, anxiety, and depression.
To that map, add the wisdom of 30 years of clinical experience and outcome studies on Emotionally Focused Therapy and you have the right way to tune into clients’ emotions and help them shift from numbing or agitation into emotional balance and the ability to trust the self and engage fully with others.
Building on Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy and the work of Dr. Sue Johnson, we will show you the set of proven interventions to shape transformational emotional moments for your individual clients in every session.
Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT), will transform your clinical work by giving you:
- A structured, on-target, effective roadmap for helping clients
- Resolution for clients’ depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress
- A more integrated coherent sense of self
EFT takes you to the heart of the matter in just 5 clear macro-interventions. The goal is not to simply modify symptoms, but to grow people into full, flexible aliveness.
Pre January 15th
Post January 15th
Meet Your Trainer: Robert Allan, PhD, LMFT, LPC
Robert is the co-Principal Investigator of the first ever clinical trail of Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy taking place across three cities in Canada and The U.S. He is an ICEEFT certified trainer, supervisor, and therapist who has helped train and supervise therapists and students in Emotionally Focused Therapy across Canada, the US, and Europe. Robert is an Assistant Professor in the couple and family track of the graduate counseling program at the University of Colorado Denver. He works with individuals, couples, and families in private practice in Denver. Robert completed his PhD at Dalhousie University, he is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Colorado, and an Approved Supervisor with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy. Robert is a warm, knowledgeable, and engaged trainer with a passion for helping people learn EFT.
The EFIT Process-Oriented Assessment
A non-pathologizing attachment perspective on emotional disorders Using EFIT to work with core features of Anxiety and Depression The process of first sessions – building a safe-haven alliance
The Core EFT Macro Interventions – the EFT “Tango” Mirroring/reflecting present process -Negative Cycles of Coping Affect assembly and deepening
Choreographing engaged encounters with self and others Processing these choreographed to create emotional balance Integrating and validating new experience
The Tango across stages of change
Summary of Micro Interventions – Experiential and Systemic
In-session video and discussion of sessions Play and Practice – the elements of the tango
Attachment Science and the Practice of Psychotherapy – Across Modalities
Growing into and applying the EFIT model in your practice
- Adopt an attachment humanistic perspective on clients, problems and interventions
- Discover and distill core emotional experiences and promote emotional balance
- Outline protective, self-defeating and interactional patterns and the core components of emotional disorders
- Begin to implement the 5 moves of the EFT Tango to shape corrective emotional experience
- Describe the micro-interventions of the EFT/EFIT model, eg. Heightening, Interpretation
- Choreograph dramas that expand the self and open engagement with others
- Integrate corrective emotional experiences into models of self and other
- Validate the client’s sense of competence and worth in every session
To register for this event, please select registration type (regular or student), enter FULL NAME, VALID EMAIL, and complete secure credit card payment …
NOTE: Choose ‘Pay with Debit or Credit Card’ if you do not want to sign in/sign up for a PayPal account. You will receive a PayPal invoice from ‘Healing Harbor Counseling, PLLC.’